I don’t know why anyone would say that they don’t wish they were healthier in at least one aspect of their life. This blog post is going to be dedicated specifically to eating healthier and treating your body the way it deserves to be treated. So, here it is…7 ways to get in a healthier life style.
- Dieting is not necessary. Dieting might help you lose weight for a while, but it never sticks. Because people don’t want to be restricted. So instead of restricting yourself and dieting, swap out unhealthy choices for their healthy alternatives. For example, getting a side of fruit with your sandwich instead of french fries. I like using an app called “Life Sum” to track my eating habits because I want to make sure I am getting the proper nutrients to fuel my body, but I know apps aren’t necessarily for everyone. The app allows you to choose between a weight loss, weight maintain, or weight gain option and adjusts your daily caloric intake based on your personal stats.
- Water is your best friend. One of the most important things in a balanced lifestyle is to stay hydrated. Keep a glass of water by your bed and drink it whenever you wake up. For a good easy measure, you should be drinking roughly half your body weight in ounces of water. For example, if you weight 150 pounds, you should drink about 75 ounces of water daily.
- Don’t get discouraged after 1 day of bad eating. I’m not going to lie…sticking to a healthy diet is hard for the first few weeks and there is a good chance, you’ll have a few slip ups. If you eat good for 6 days and then cheat 1 day, it’s going to be okay. Your main focus should be fueling your body, not counting calories.
- Motivation is key. You’re not going to want to do anything about the way you treat your body if you don’t have any real motivation. That’s the way it works. It’s that simple.
- Meal plan ahead of time. The best way to make sure you’re sticking to healthy eating is if you prepare your meals before hand, especially if you have to get up early for school or work. Make your breakfast and lunch the night before, so you dont rush and end up grabbing packaged snacks and unhealthy food.
- Find healthy cheat foods. If you love ice cream, you don’t have to remove ice cream from your diet completely. There are tons of ice cream brands that are lower calorie and lower fat, or you can just limit on how much you eat.
- Keep your health in mind. Counting calories and becoming obsessed can lead to unhealthy eating habits and disordered eating. Your main focus should be your health and the outcome is just a reward.